GSD™ 28 Advanced Sonar Module
See what’s down there. Catch what’s down there. Take sport fishing to extreme depths with a high-powered sonar module with the features that are needed to improve the chances of success.
- Engineered for offshore sport fishing
- See sonar faster with Garmin RapidReturn™ technology
- Crisp and clear fish targets with Xchirp technology
- Excellent target separation with xCHIRP technology
- Greatly reduce wave and swell from bottom returns with heave compensation
Garmin RapidReturn Sonar
This high-performance technology provides Garmin's fastest deep-water scrolling sonar with 2 to 6 times the ping rate of Garmin's GSD™ 26 sonar. This allows captains to make fast and informed decisions based on what is below their boats.
Easily distinguish bait from sport fish with Garmin's clearest traditional sonar fish arches and excellent target separation. Get smooth bottom returns and precise targeting at extreme depths.
When the seas get rough, use the MSC™ 10 external satellite compass (sold separately) to greatly reduce wave and swell from the sonar returns.
This sonar module is compatible with a wide range of Garmin and AIRMAR® transducers (sold separately).
The GSD 28 module is ideal for retrofitting boats with existing bare wire transducers.
GSD 28 can output 300 watts to 3 kW at extreme depths
The module supports dual-channel CHIRP (up to 3 kW per channel).
The GSD 28 sonar module can operate in the 25 to 250 kHz frequency range.
Built to Last
GSD 28 is rated for harsh marine environments and water resistance with an IPX7 rating.
In the Box:
- GSD 28
- Power cable
- Garmin BlueNet™ marine network cable (6 ft) with legacy network adapter
- Field-installable adapter kit for the Garmin BlueNet network
- Mounting hardware
- Case Material: Fully gasketed, aluminum housing, steel back panel, plastic access panel
- Physical Dimensions: 10.7" × 14.4" × 4.0" (27.06 cm × 36.66 cm × 10.1 cm)
- Weight: 14.13 lbs (6.4 kg)
- Water Rating: IPX7
- Temperature Range: 5° F to 158° F (from -15° C to 70° C)
- Power Input: 10-32 V
- Power Usage: 120 W maximum
- Fuse: 15A
- Frequencies Supported: Dual channel CHIRP: 25-250 kHz (transducer dependent)
- Transmit Power: 300W–3kW RMS (transducer dependent)
- Maximum Depth: 10,000 ft. (3,048 m)
- xCHIRP: Yes
- Rapid Return: Yes
- Garmin Marine Network Ports: (Garmin BlueNet)
- Sonar Connections: 2 bare wire
WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including NICKEL (METALLIC) which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information go to P65Warnings.ca.gov.
BoatEFX LLC products will carry the following warranty.
- Limited Lifetime
The warranty requires return of defective part/product directly to BoatEFX. Replacement of parts or products may be new or refurbished and will meet or exceed specifications of the original parts or products.
- Proof of purchase may be required.
- The repair or replacement of a faulty product within the warranty period remains at the discretion of BoatEFX.
The BoatEFX warranty covers defects in parts in workmanship but does not cover fair wear and tear, defect resulting from misuse, unauthorized modification, operation or storage outside the environment specification for the product or in-transit damage.
Summary of Benefits
- Repair defects in components or workmanship
- Repair at BoatEFX
- Replacement of parts or product may be new or refurbished and will meet or exceed specifications of the original parts or products.
- Phone Technical Support
- Fair wear and tear
- Damage by mishandling
- In Transit Damage
- Operation or storage outside of designed specification
Should you have any questions relating to the Warranty of any BoatEFX LLC product or require any technical support please contact BoatEFX at 1 (513) 855-1192
Limitation of Liability
Except for the commitments outlined above BoatEFX LLC will not be liable for any direct or indirect, special, incidental, consequential or other types of damages or injury to person(s) or property.
*Under normal circumstances purchases ship within 5-20 business days or sooner.
BoatEFX offers FREE shipping on all products. We take care in packaging our products for shipping, However, once an item has left our facility it is no longer in our control in the handling of your order. If you receive a damaged shipping box please contact us before opening and within 48hrs of delivery.
1 (513) 855-1192